Asking Questions and using Mentions on a Proof
This article is intended to explain the process of asking Questions, mentioning other collaborators and replying to them.
There are 2 methods of communicating with other collaborators on a Proof.
Ask a question directly to another collaborator, this adds your question to the comment list and emails the relevant collaborator informing them that you are asking a question.
Mention another collaborator, this enables you to direct another collaborator to a comment you have made or have been included on.
Choose from the options below to see how to send your proof.
In order to ask a question of another collaborator, you will need to access the proof from the GoProof website.
1. Login to GoProof.
2. Open the proof for review by selecting it from the Review Dashboard.
3. From the Comments menu, select Question.
4. You will be presented with the Add Comment dialog box, with a list of Collaborators associated with this proof. Select one from the list by clicking on their name.
5. Type your question into the comment box and click on Save when done.
6. Your question will appear in the Comments tab.
7. The Collaborator who you have addressed the question to will receive an email informing them.
8. When they click on the View Question button, they will be taken directly into the proof.
9. They can then reply to the message by simply clicking Reply to bring up the dialog box.
10. Type in the reply then click on Save, the reply will be attached to the Question in the Comments tab.
11. The Collaborator who posed the original question will then receive an email informing them that you’ve replied.
12. Clicking the View Reply button will take them directly into the proof and to the reply to their original question.
1. Access the proof as before.
2. Select the relevant commenting tool and type in your message, at the point you want to mention another Collaborator, press the @ symbol to bring up a list of all the Collaborators associated with this proof.
3. Click on Save to add your comment.
4. Your comment is added to Comments tab.
5. The Collaborator you’ve mentioned in your comment, will receive an email.
6. Clicking on the View Mention button in the email will take the directly into the proof.
7. Click on Reply to give a response to the mention.
8. Enter the response and click on Save, your response will be added to the comment containing the original mention.
9. The Collaborator who made the original Mention will receive an email informing them of your response.
10. Clicking on the View Reply button takes the Collaborator directly into the proof and displays the reply.